A collection of my stories and adventures while studying abroad in the wonderful country of my ancestors- Norway!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Jeg kan snakke litt norsk!


'To have another language is to possess a second soul.' -Charlemagne

I dag hadde jeg min første muntlig eksamen i norsk. For åtte minutter snakket jeg sammen med to venner om en internasjonal student første dag i Norge. Vi snakket om reiser på et tog og kjøpe mat på matbutikk og gå til en fest. Mange studenter lo presentasjonen vår. Her er et bilde av vår presentasjon.


Translation:
Today I had my first final oral exam in Norwegian. For eight minutes I talked together with two friends about an international student’s first day in Norway. We talked about traveling on a train and buying food in a food store and going to a party. Many students laughed at our presentation. Here is a picture of our presentation. 

So it's kinda choppy, but here's proof I'm learning a little something. It took way too long for us to put this whole thing together and it was supposed to last 15 minutes, but I think we get bonus points for creativity. I did discover that I can read/write Norwegian waaayy better than I can speak it. Next semester I am taking another language class, but instead of having class for 45 minutes two days a week, I'll have it for 2 hours two days a week. So hopefully my speaking skills with increase!

Hope you are all doing well! Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment